The Diamond IOP allows patients to continue working, maintain their current living situation and improve their relationships while receiving services conveniently located in their community. The program is open to adults age 18 and older with substance use disorders, as well as co-occurring psychiatric conditions, that impair daily functioning. The IOP provides 12 hours of group therapy each week, in four, three-hour evening sessions. Family therapy occurs weekly during one of the regularly scheduled group therapy sessions.
Potential Referrals and Patients
Admission to the Diamond IOP is based on the initial patient assessment, conducted free of charge by one of our treatment professionals. This assessement is key to patient success and is the template for providing an individualized treatment plan. In addition to assessment findings, the following information is reviewed to determine if the patient meets criteria for admission to the IOP:
- Patient is 18 years or older
- Has a diagnosis of primary substance use and may have a co-occurring psychiatric diagnosis
- Is ready for discharge from a partial hospitalization program (PHP) detox or inpatient rehabilitation
- Is medically stable, sufficiently enough to participate in this level of care, and is not exhibiting symptoms of withdrawal
- Can participate in and benefit from group therapy
- Agrees to periodic, random urine drug screens, breathalyzer, or blood alcohol testing while a patient in the program
- Is not an imminent danger to self or others
- Has a person living in the community who will support the patient’s participation in the IOP
Gloucester • Virginia Beach • Hampton-Newport News • Williamsburg
Call Today: 866.455.0543
Host a Diamond IOP in your facility
Counseling practices: Our communities need you. We manage the IOP, but need space in your community.
By hosting a Diamond IOP, your facility has:
- Specialized addiction treatment services available
- Coordinated care within your practice
- Reduced overhead
- Enhanced marketing in your community
- Increased external referrals
Private room large enough to accommodate up to 14 individuals with chairs. Standard items associated with a lease agreement (i.e. restrooms, internet access and parking).